Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Making Progress

On my drawing lessons. This poor old guy with the humongous nose is a study based on one of Leonardo Da Vinci's sketches. It was much harder than I thought it would be, and I'm still not pleased with how it turned out.

More progress:
On my new house this time. This is J cutting the trench for my electrical hookup.


And here is the trench. He also cut one for my water/sewer hookups, but it looks just like this one. I'd hoped to get the lines run and stuff also, but J wanted to play with the trencher some more, so he said he'd finish up on Saturday. I don't know yet if I'll have to work the weekend, but he said he'd get Cody to help.

I had to buy 2-0 copper electrical wire, plus the PVC conduit to run it through. Copper costs nearly as much as gold these days, and I spent nearly $1000 on wire and conduit. PVC, fortunately, is still relatively cheap, so my water and sewer pipes won't be near that much.

I'm a little disappointed that they can't get my home delivered before Labor Day, assuming we have it off. I was hoping to use the weekend to move in and such. Well, them's the breaks, and it won't be much longer now anyway.

I can't wait!

No comments: