Sunday, August 27, 2006

Hurricane Ernesto

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Ernesto is now a category 1 hurricane, and projected to make landfall in Florida by Friday.

For those interested, here is the latest picture of Scarlett:


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


The burns are at their worst now. My face didn't blister up, so that's good news. They will only get better from here on out. I didn't sleep too well last night either. Normally I sleep on my stomach, but the burn there prevented that. I couldn't sleep on my right side because of the burns on my face. I ended up sleeping on my left side, which wasn't all that comfortable because of the soreness in my left arm. That is from the tetanus shot they gave me. The oother thing is that since it happened, I've been absolutely ravenous. In fact, my stomach is growling even now. I'm going to try to get pics of my burns to post. I know you're all looking forward to that.

I started a new scarf. I found some self striping yarn at Wal-mart, and broke my self-imposed moratorium on buying new yarn. I don't feel too bad about it. This is the first time in about a year that I've bought new yarn. I sort of designed this scarf myself. I wanted one that was simple enough that the pattern wouldn't be lost in the busy colorway of the yarn, yet was a bit more interesting than plain stockinette stitch. So I adapted an afghan pattern that I think works very well for the scarf. I had to start over several times to get the stitch count just right, then I decided the scarf was just too wide. So it went to the frog pond and I started over yet again. Of course, then I had to get the stitch count right again, but I decided the garter stitch border was too wide. So I started over still another time. But it is just right now--just the right width, just the right stitch count, and just the right border. I'll take a picture of it when it gets a little longer.

PBS is having a special on snakes tonight. Gonna go watch it and knit a bit more.

1 comment:

Becky G said...

"Frog pond?" Is that a knitting term or should I be having these visuals of our amphibian friends wearing cute woolen scarves and sweaters?

What do you think?