Monday, August 28, 2006

Pictures As Promised

of the burn on my stomach:



and the burns to my face.


and the new scarf:
I don't particularly like the way the colors are turning out. They looked a lot better as just a ball of yarn. But this one will probably go to a charity anyway, and some child will like it.

I went to my regular doctor today for a follow up. He classed my burns as second degree, rather than the first degree that the ER said they were. I trust his judgement better. He did say that they are healing up nicely, but he was concerned about the one on my face because of the potential for scarring. He told me to keep it well moisturized to lessen that potential, and as long as they didn't get infected, they should heel just fine. They will peel like a sunburn, and that's to be expected.
I finally broke down and switched to Blogger Beta. I'm not all that sure I like it. Time will tell. But at least I can upload photos, now, and stop using up all my Photobucket bandwidth on my blog.

7 comments:

Lizzie Woolley said...

Those burns look like they hurt. Once I had a second degree sunburn on my face because of spring skiing. I didn't know it was possible to get a sunburn while skiing.

Bag Blog said...

Ouch!Those are worse than I thought they would be. Take good care of them - burns are serious business.

Sunburn while skiing is very common - you are closer to the sun when you are up on a mountain and you get a double whammie from the reflection of sun from the snow. The eyes are really susceptible to sunburn while skiing.

Buck said...

Omigosh, Becky. Those look painful. Take care of yourself!

Hmmm. beta-blogger. When they switch over to the "new" Blogger, will they still call it "beta?" Coz I note the new domain address is "beta.blogger.com". I suppose they had to call the new version something other than "blogger," but the choice seems strange to me. I haven't switched yet.

Becky G said...

Thank you for all the good wishes. Most of the burned skin has flaked off my face now, and it looks a lot better. There are still a couple of pretty bad areas down by my jawline, though.

Blogger Beta--I resisted switching for a long time, but I finally gave in because it seemed to be the only way I would be able to upload photos to my blog.

Buck, I could have sworn I saw you driving down the road here in Grenada today. Seriously. I don't know who it was, but he looked just like you!

Buck said...

Buck, I could have sworn I saw you driving down the road here in Grenada today.

T'weren't me! ;-)

Anonymous said...

My sister saw the picture of the scarf you made and wants to know what gauge needle you used and also what kind of yarn. What is the pattern?

I'm the tomboy and she likes making scarves.

Thanks for the reply. You can email it to me if you wish.

Your burns are looking WAY better! So glad to know.

sunshine

Becky G said...

sunshine, I am using a size 20 needle and worsted weight yarn. It is Red Heart Strata in Confetti colorway. I kind of made up the pattern, so I'll have to figure out what it is and write it down. I'll post about it when I get it done.