Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Blogger

I finally heard back from Blogger Help about the problem uploading photos. What they said is that they aren't going to fix any more problems with the old blogger because the new Beta Blogger is out now. I guess I'll have to switch, or continue direct linking from Photobucket.

Now, I am not normally a bug person, but I found this huge cicada on my laundry when I got home from work this evening. I remember as a child, we used to love to find the little brown exoskeletons they left everywhere. We called them locust shells, though they weren't really shells, and they didn't really come from locusts. We would stick them on our shirts--long before the days of Izod, and on our ears--long before the days of ear cuffs.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



I didn't get anything done this afternoon that I was going to. I didn't get the oil changed in my Jimmy. I didn't go get milk. I didn't color my hair. I didn't do much of anything.

But I DID call the Liquid Petroleum company and get my account cancelled and made an appointment for them to come pick up the gas tank. My new house will be all electric, so I don't have to worry about paying a gas bill. Funny thing, I grew up with an electric stove and though I've lived in this house for 11 years, I still haven't quite gotten used to cooking on gas.

I'm starting to count down the days until the new house gets here. It'll be next Thursday or Friday, since J won't be able to extend my utilities until Wednesday. I can still hardly believe it's coming! Woo hoo!

3 comments:

Bag Blog said...

I bet you use to catch lightning bugs and put them in a jar too or just cup them in your hands trying to see what makes them light up. Maybe it was just the chase that made lightning bugs so fun.

I'm a "cooking with gas" sort of girl. I like throwing my tortillas on the open flame and heating them up.

I am excited about your new house - can't wait to hear all about it.

Becky G said...

How did you know? I used to fill mayonaise jars with them and keep them by my bed at night. I quit doing that when I realized that most of them died during the night. Now, I keep them for a bit, then let them go.

Yes, I still catch lightning bugs...

Becky G said...

Oh, and it's the glow that fascinates me. Reminds me of this old rhyme:

I wish I were a glow worm
'Cause a glow worm's never glum
It's hard to be unhappy
when the sun shines out your bum