Friday, August 04, 2006

A Busy Day

A busy couple of days, to be more accurate.

First off, I think I've solved my connection problems simply by moving my modem to another location. Funny the tech didn't think of that one.

Ok, so the busyness started yesterday when I got home from work. My ABS light started coming on at intermittant intervals on my car, and when I braked, it felt kind of jerky/grindy. So I called the service department at the car place, and they said bring it on in. So I did, and they looked at it and found out what was wrong, only they said they didn't have time to fix it. After some cell phone wheeling and dealing, I drove the car home, then after karate class I took it back to the service department, which was closed by then, and dropped it off. J came and picked us up there, and let me borrow B's jeep today to get to and from work. That might have gone over better if he'd asked B first...

So I get home from the car place (the first time) just about time to get ready for karate. It was during this time that I discovered Scarlett had another partial regurge. Two little mousy feet and a bit of skin were given up as an offering to the digestive system gods. After karate class, I saw that she had left a rather large poo as well. So there is good news and bad news. We will follow the standard regurge protocol, which we've become quite familiar with, and start over. Sometimes I wonder if it would be better to send her to that great snake pit in the sky and try again with another snake, but when I see her still active and alert, I just can't do it yet. She is not suffering, though if it does come to that, I will certainly make that difficult decision.

Now, on to today's busyness...

I left work at 1:00 PM, and J met me in the driveway. "Are you ready to go get it?"--meaning my car.

"Yeah, just let me change clothes first."

Ten minutes later, we were headed to the car place, and didn't get back home until 4:30 PM. Immediately upon leaving the car place, we drove to the school, and I was lucky enough to find a parking spot..Really. You see, today was Meet the Teacher day at Grenada Public Schools. Everyone in Grenada (just about) was there. Not just parents and students, but brother, sister, grandma and grandpa, aunts, uncles and cousins too. Ok, maybe I exaggerate, but not by much.

I met all of Cody's teachers, and got the supply lists. I also got to meet the new principal, Mr. Brewer. Such a pleasant change from Dr. White, in more ways than one. Heh, Dr. White thought she was hot stuff. Mr. Brewer really is hot. I think I'm going to enjoy those conferences...
"Cody, don't you think it's about time you got into trouble again?"

The reason I was talking to him is that when we picked up Cody's schedule, I noticed Art wasn't on there. I thought it was maybe one of those once or twice a week classes like some of the other learning enrichment programs but it isn't. It is a regular, daily class. Mr. Brewer was out in the hall, so I stopped and asked him who the art teacher was and when Cody was supposed to be doing it and all. Mr. Brewer was real nice, and told us who the teacher was and where her room was. He told us to go talk to her, and if she didn't have Cody's info, to come back and talk to him again, and he'd get it straightened out. When we went and talked to the teacher, she knew exactly who we were, and apologized profusely for the scheduling mixup. She said it was her fault, that when she was typing up her list of students, she'd inadvertently left Cody's name off of it. She'd already discovered her mistake, and had asked them to fix it, but since the schedules had already been issued, they couldn't change it without talking to me first. So, with an ok from me, and a short note from the teacher to the office, Cody is now in Art.

Then it was off the the madhouse Wal-Mart to buy school supplies. But first, we decided we needed a little fortification in the form of two hamburgers from Wendy's. Not my favorite place to eat, but Cody requested it and since we hadn't been there in a long time, I complied. Good thing, too, because we needed that energy. When we got to Wal-Mart, I discovered to my dismay that half of Cody's school supply list had been written on the back of his schedule--the first one, before we'd added Art.

The old schedule.

The one that had been thrown away.

And you know what that means.....

WE HAVE TO GO BACK!!!!

AUGGH!!!!!

I can get the supply list off the school's website. That is no problem. But to brave those crowds again...The entire population of Grenada crammed into two aisles of school supplies at Wal-Mart.

I tremble at the thought...

No comments: