Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Wednesdays Are For Knitting

Before we begin, I'm sure you'll all be pleased to know I rearranged my refrigerator so I can fit all of my coffee creamer into the same shelf in the door. 


Don't envy me my exciting life. 

Now, on to the main event.  Back in the day when blogging was the main form of social media, it was common to have what we called WIP Wednesday.  For you knitting muggles out there, WIP stands for Work In Progress. I thought it was time to revive that tradition, so here, for your viewing pleasure are ...well, some of my WIPS. 

1.  A generic sock.

The pattern is K2P2 ribbing, and the yarn is some I'd bought from my friend Leann's shop, Forbidden Fiber, but I can't find the ball band, so I don't know what colorway it is.  I think it's called Fab Forty, but I don't remember for sure.  She has so many gorgeous colors, I wish I could buy them all.  

2.  A scarf.  

Knit in Red Heart worsted in Delft blue colorway.  The pattern came from a booklet I bought at Walmart years ago.  I've been working on this one for so long, I don't even remember when I started it.  Sometime last year, is all I know.  I do remember ripping the whole thing out once and starting over.  It was already about 4 ft long at the time, but I'm such a perfectionist, those missed stitches simply wouldn't fly.  

3.  An Irish Hiking Scarf

I'd cast it on to go with this hat I'd knit, 

and had completely forgotten about both of them.  It's wild the things you find when you go looking for stuff. 

4.  A simple seed stitch scarf

The yarn is Life DK in teal colorway.  This is some my ex mother in law sent me when she was de-stashing.  It's much greener than it looks in this photo.  I've really got to get myself a better camera.  

5.  I have another WIP, but I can't find it.  What I did find was one of my NOAA radios in a project bag. 

Why it was there, I do not know.  OK, OK, I'm lying.  I do know why it was in the project bag.  I was planning on taking it to Fiber Fun In The 'Sip next weekend.  Why?  That, I do not know.   I've long since give up trying to find an explanation for such things.  

Anyway, the WIP I can't find is this Garden Party Shawl I started sometime last using Knit Picks Gloss Lace in Dandelion.  


You'll have to settle for the last photo I took of it -- sometime late last year.  

Word around the plant is, we won't be working any more weekends this year.  I hope I can take some time to get in there and clean up that computer/craft/snake room.  Maybe then I'll be able to find some of this stuff.  

I've also got to get better about getting rid of stuff I no longer want.  My problem is, I know what it's like to do without.  Did a lot of that when Cody was little and money was super tight.  Thus, I have a hard time throwing perfectly good stuff into the garbage when someone out there might be able to use it.  

I think that may be my weekend project -- to start getting that stuff photographed and posted in the local free-bees group.  Then I'll have to deal with the headache of people not showing up to get it.  

All part of the game, I guess.  


No comments: