Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Forgot

I completely forgot what I was going to blog about today.  Seriously.  

It was going to be a good post, too.  But I have no clue what it was about.  

I thought maybe if I sat here and rambled a moment, it would come back to me.  Or maybe it won't.  I've always wanted to do a stream of consciousness post anyway.  It might be scary for you to see what goes on in my brain.  

Except now my brain is empty.  

I'm sitting here watching an episode of Chicago P.D.  I'm totally hooked on the show, and its two companion shows Chicago Fire and Chicago Med.  I kind of wish now I hadn't waited so long to start watching them.  On the other hand, I have a lot of binge watching to do before I'm caught up.   

Oh yeah!  I remembered!  I was going to revive an old feature I used to talk about on the blog -- books.  I know many of my readers are book worms, so this ought to be good.  It won't be a daily, or maybe even a weekly thing.  I'll just post whenever I finish and start a new book.  OK?  Here goes.

I just finished reading The Cure Chronicles, by K. A. Riley.  


It is a five book young adult dystopian series, that frankly, should have ended after book three.  The fourth and fifth books were just the first three re-told in a different location.  After the third book, the story really began to drag, and the fifth book was downright tedious to read.  The series followed the typical formula -- a whiny, self-absorbed 17 year old girl is bound to save the world once she decides which of her two love interests she wants to be with.  Overall, I'd give it three of five stars. 

⭐⭐⭐☆☆

Next up on the reading list, Isaac's Storm, by Erik Larson. 


This is the first of Erik Larson's books I've read, but if the rest are this good, I'll have to read some more.  Who would have thought weather patterns could be so riveting?  Let me just share a favorite quote:



Speaking of weather, check out tomorrow's high temp!


I was reading a passage in the book about how the summer of 1900 was especially hot and humid, and I was thinking, "Wow, that sounds just like this summer."  I know it's always hot, and it's always miserable, and there's always Saharan Dust, but this summer...wow, it's been especially hot, especially humid, and especially miserable.  Even the Sahara Dust is hanging around far longer than usual. 

I cannot wait until Fall gets here.  

No comments: