Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Surreal

Today was my last day of work for the week.  It almost seems surreal.  

I'd taken a couple of days vacation for Fiber Fun In The 'Sip, which is finally on after a two year hiatus due to COVID.  The plan was to drive down tomorrow and do some sightseeing -- you know, the Military Park and stuff -- then go to FFITS Friday and Saturday.  However, what with all the rain and stuff, I don't know if that's going to happen.  I'm still going to Vicksburg tomorrow because I already have my hotel reservation.  It's just the sightseeing I might not get around to.  

Either way, I'm glad today was my last day of work for the week, because I haven't been sleeping well this week.  I don't really know why.  Last night, I got to bed at my usual time -- well, just a bit later because I'd stayed up to watch Dallas Jenkins' livestream update on season 3 of The Chosen, but not that much later.  I got into bed about 10 minutes after I usually turn off the light....and I tossed, and I turned, and I flipped, and I flopped, and I perused Facebook a minute, and I tossed and turned some more...  The last time I remember looking at the clock, it was 1:15 AM.  

I eventually drifted off, but I couldn't have gotten more than 2 1/2 - 3 hours sleep.  It made for a rough day.  This morning, I felt so bad, I kept feeling my cheeks and forehead to make sure I wasn't running a fever.  I felt a little better after I ate lunch, but I was so glad when the day finally ended.  

I came home and started a load of laundry, and sat down to peruse Facebook, when suddenly, I threw my clothes back on and dashed out the door.  What caused me to go running out the door like that?  This: 


Yep,  the local Walmart had some Grenada Monopoly games in stock!  


How cool is that? The spaces are all local roads and businesses.  First an episode of Restaurant Impossible, now a Monopoly game.  This little town is really coming up in the world.  

They'd gotten some in a few weeks ago, and somehow, Cody got ahold of the photo they'd posted on their page, and messaged me asking if it was real and could I get him one.  Alas, I waited too long, and by the time I got to the store, they were all sold out.  This afternoon, when I saw they'd gotten some more, I made sure I got down there in time to get him one.  I got one for myself as well.  

Now, I just need to find some people to play games with. 

Oh, and maybe get a card table and some chairs....I'm too old to be sitting on the floor.

Now, I'd better get packing or I'll never make it to Vicksburg tomorrow!

1 comment:

Amnicon Studio said...

Have fun at fiber fun in the 'sip!

My area has a monopoly for the big city in my area. We've had one of those restaurant show's come through a few times, too.