Monday, August 15, 2022

You Know It's Bad

 You know it's bad when you call your dog by the wrong name.  And you only have one dog. 

It's even worse when you call your son by the wrong name, and you only have one son.  But that one I have an excuse for.  See, when Cody was little, he reminded me sooo much of my younger brother I called him Scott until he was 8.  Now, half the time I call my brother Cody -- instead of Scott.  

Which brings us to today -- when I called Jesse Cody.  Instead of Jesse.  

I can't even blame sleep deprivation for that.  

Yep.  They gave us the news today.  No more overtime.  Starting tomorrow, I'm back on 8 hour shifts.  I'll be glad for the extra time, but will miss those paychecks.  Now this isn't anything to be alarmed about.  Our work is largely seasonable, and there is always a fall slowdown.  It isn't usually this early, but it's also not that unusual.  

In other news, my plumbing woes continue.  This morning, I got the following email from the Angi site:

Hi Becky ,

I hope all is well. After looking into your project, I regret to inform you we do not have any pros in our network who can complete your job in a timely manner. I will go ahead and refund your $25 deposit, which will be reflected back on your card in a few business days. We are always growing our network of professionals, so please feel free to reach out in the future with any new home improvement projects. Best of luck with your project!

Figures.  I've even been blown off by the Angi site.  Sigh....I'm getting seriously frustrated over this.  I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.  Am I not being assertive enough?  Should I yell at the plumbers?  Cuss them out?  Lower my voice and pretend to be a man?  Will that get them to show up and do the job?  I just understand why I can't get anyone to show up.  I mean, I'm not asking them to sacrifice their firstborn.  I just want my sewer line repaired.  

Anyway,  I've got a couple more numbers to call before I'll have to figure out how to do it myself.  Wish me luck.  In the meantime, I got a full sized tarp to cover that hole instead of that old shower curtain. 

Hopefully, it'll keep the mud out of the hole in my sewer line.  Surely, I'll be able to find somebody somewhere who will fix this.  Someday my plumber will come....

Well, it would seem the ants have found my hummingbird feeder.  I could see them crawling up the pole I have it hung on.  When I brought it inside and washed it out, there had to be hundreds of little ant bodies in it, so I picked up a new one.  

This one has an ant moat, so as long as I keep it full, I should have no more problems with ants.  Except that I keep misspelling ant.  I type aunt every time, and have to go back and correct myself.  I have no idea what that's all about. 

I've long since given up trying to find and explanation for such things. 


2 comments:

Amnicon Studio said...

You know what's bad? Calling your child by your house hen's name!

I just made hummingbird food this morning. I've got a few buzzing the house, to let me know the feeder is empty. No matter what I do, the ants find the feeder. Though I haven't had many actually in the jar. (knock on wood)

Good luck with the plumbing situation. Have any of them sent you quotes? I can't remember. Something that could be going on is that they are getting people/businesses to agree to some really high quotes, so they are working on those, and not messing with the "small jobs."

Becky G said...

The only quote I got was $500-700, minimum. I'd have thought that was a big enough job for him to take it. I guess not.