Wednesday, August 31, 2022

WIP Wednesday

 This is going to be brief because I did not sleep well last night.  That bulging disc in my back -- which has been so quiet for so long -- decided to remind me it was still there.  The only way I could lay that didn't cause intense pain was flat on my back.  Only I don't sleep well on my back.  

Eh, other than some sleep deprivation, I'm OK now.   It's just a wake up call that I need to get back to doing my stretches consistently.  

But I did want to tell you, I finally finished my Schaum Blue Book piano course.  

From here on out, I'm going to stick with the Alfred's Adult All-In-One course -- mainly because I've already bought all three books -- and the Michael Aaron's course, primarily for nostalgic reasons.  That's the course my childhood teacher used during the ...one...year I took lessons as a kid. 

Yes, I know I need to have another little recital, and I will.  Eventually.  I'm already starting to work on Christmas music, but I also want to get a little something posted before then.  Just a couple of songs.  

And now, for the main event.  First up a finished object.


The Brandye Beanie in Knit Picks Brava, in Tidal Speckle colorway.  It does look very wintery.  I might have to keep this one.  But I probably won't. 

2.  This scarf:


It's a few inches longer, but not much different. Unnamed pattern knit with Red Heart in an unknown colorway, because I lost the ball band. 

3.   No progress on this one.  Well, like two rows, but not enough to make a difference. 


It's a simple seed stitch pattern knit in Life DK, in Teal colorway

4.  No progress on this Irish Hiking Scarf, either. 


5.  I made a little progress on the sock, but not really enough to see in a photo. 


The pattern is a simple K2P2 rib and the yarn is Forbidden Fiber Fortitude sock in Fab 40 colorway.

6.  I think the most exciting thing about this project is that I found it!

The pattern is Garden Party, and the yarn is Knit Picks Gloss Lace in Dandelion. I have a long weekend due to Labor Day, and I want to start working on it, maybe while watching Thirteen Lives on Prime.  I'm telling you, if you haven't seen that movie yet, you really need to.  Fair warning, it's intense.  

On the other hand, complex lace might not be the best thing to work on while watching an intense movie.  

Well, that's my knitting up date for this week.  Even with all these projects, I'm still wanting to cast on something new.  I guess I really earned my Castonitis Merit Badge!  

I'll let you know how that goes. 

No comments: