Saturday, August 06, 2022

Lazy Saturday -- Sort Of

 I got to work bright and early yesterday morning -- well, not so bright, because the sun wasn't even up yet -- and my coworker called me over.  

"I had a feeling that guy would show up!"

"Yeah, but I'm not going to hold my breath just yet," I said.  Not until he's actually out here fixing the problem.  I told her, "I have a sink in my hall bathroom that hasn't drained in years.  I've had several plumbers come out and look at it, then say they'll have to come back tomorrow to fix it, only I never see them again."  As I said before, at this point, I expect to be disappointed. 

Thus, it was with some trepidation I came home from work Friday after running my payday errands -- only to find no evidence the plumber had been back.  

I got a bit discouraged, but I'm not giving up just yet, because honestly, I thought he was being a bit optimistic when he said "tomorrow".  It usually takes the 811 people 3-5 days to get out and mark all the underground stuff, and I could tell they hadn't been out here yet.  Plus, since it was a Friday, I'm guessing it'll probably be Monday before my 3-5 days even starts.  

If they don't come back by ... oh, say next Friday, I don't know what I'm going to do.  I don't think there are any plumbers left in this town I haven't already called.  I guess I'll just have to sharpen the ol' shovel and do it myself.  

In the meantime, I'll just sit here and knit...


and be lazy...after I finish the mowing, and the laundry, and wash the dishes, and do the umpteen other things I need to get done.  But probably won't. 

Oh, and a bit of good news, Walmart finally got some deer corn back in stock!  

Now I can start fatting the squirrels up for supper....um, I mean give the squirrels their supper.  Yeah, that's what I mean...

No comments: