Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Rumors

That rumor turned out to be not true.  Not true at all.

And what was this rumor that turned out to be not true?  Well, all afternoon yesterday, it was all over the plant that today would be our last day of work.  There have been four confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the next county over.

That part is true.  There have been confirmed cases in LeFlore county, but none in Grenada county.  Yet.  Be that as it may...

The rumor was, someone had called some sort of hotline and reported it, and the CDC had ordered the plant to shut down and get everyone out within 72 hours so they could disinfect the place.

 I'm standing there listening to people spread this nonsense, and thinking, "That doesn't even make sense."  Even if there had been confirmed cases actually in the plant, why would they cram nearly 1000 people into it for just one more day?  So they could expose as many of us as possible?  That's pretty dumb, even for ADP.  Still, people are freaking out over it.   Word is, on night shift last night, they were sending home anyone who coughed.

I think that's a bit ridiculous, too.  Lots of people will be coughing here for the next few weeks as The Great Pollening is upon us.


This was my car when I got off work yesterday.  It looks even worse today.   Pollen.  All of that is pollen...soooo much pollen...

Anyway, as the day wore on, the idea that this would be our last day faded...and then they put up the work schedule.  Not only is this not our last day of the week, some of us are working Friday, as well.  I'm kind of disappointed.  It seems everyone is getting quarantined but me.  No, I have to go to work.

It's not fair!  I want to get quarantined, too!  But then...my quarantined life wouldn't be that much different from my normal life.  So much so, I even made myself a little sign to wear at work today:



Hey, we've got to face this with a little humor, or we'd all go crazy.

Except for me.

I finally feel validated.

P.S.  There is nothing wrong with my neck.  It's just a patch of melanin -- kind of like a giant freckle.




No comments: