Thursday, March 05, 2020

No Excuse

I got to work bright and early this morning.  Well, early.  Nothing is bright at 5:00 AM.  Especially not me before I've had my coffee.  I went to my stand, and my coworker was already there. 

"Look at my work area!" she said.  "Just look at how they left my work area!" 


Turns out, the person who works there on B shift had lost her keys.  Apparently, she'd dug all the garbage out of the can trying to find them.  I understand that she was probably frantic at that point, but that's still no excuse for leaving trash all over the floor.  She never did find her keys, and had to catch a ride home, leaving her car in the parking lot all night.

Coworker reported it to Group Leader Shark.  I took the photo, and Coworker cleaned up the mess. 

The missing keys were eventually found, about two hours into our shift.  They were all the way on the opposite end of the department, in someone's parts tray under a bunch of parts.  How they got there is beyond me.  One of my coworkers knows the girl's mother, and texted her to let her know the keys were found. 

Your PSA for today:  when someone asks you what you're looking for, "A way to give you the @$$ whipping you so desperately need without losing my job over it" is probably not the best answer to give. 

Yes, Stalker has been especially stalkerish here lately.  Speculation is, he's afraid that New Boss will see him as superfluous, which is exactly what he is, by the way.  Here's the thing.  There are 12 sub-brazers and 2 tap fitting brazers in the department.  Of those 14 brazers, one has been there for 30 years, another four have been there for 20 + years, and a further seven have been there for ten years or longer.  Point is, we know how to do our jobs.  We wouldn't have lasted that long out there if we didn't.  We don't need someone standing over us all day treating us like we wouldn't know what to do without him.  Personally, I find it profoundly insulting, but it's all part of that general disdain upper management has for the shop floor employees. 

He's always been desperate to feel important -- which he isn't -- and now that he's trying to prove to New Boss that he's needed -- which he isn't -- he's become insufferable.  Kind of makes you wonder how the plant managed to survive the first 25 years of it's existence before he came along, or how any brazing managed to get done without him there checking behind us or timing how long we sit on the toilet. 

Oh, you may ask, but who will train the new brazers if he's not there?  I'll tell you...the same people who trained the brazers before he got hired.  The experienced brazers.  That's who. 

And finally, Day 12 of the Siege.





No comments: