Tuesday, March 10, 2020

I'm Making Waffles!

I'm making waffles! 



But not in the morning.  I have to work one more day. 

I had vacation scheduled all this week, but my plans changed, so I cancelled them.  All but one, that is.  At the last minute, I decided to keep a day scheduled for Thursday.  I'm kinda glad I did.  Along about lunchtime today, I was kinda wishing I'd kept them all. 

I seriously think my place of employment has late night meetings trying to come up with ways to make our jobs as complicated and stressful as possible.  Now they've decided we have to stop working and confirm our work in the computer every hour on the hour, whether we've completed the order or not.  They want to keep track of how many headers we're brazing per hour. 

Oh, no, they don't want to actually SOLVE any of the problems that we struggle with, the ones that slow us down and make our work frustrating.  They just want to scream at us to braze faster, faster, FASTER!! 

Then, on the other hand, we've got Brazing Boss telling us, "I know it's tempting when the line is right on you to crank that fire up and braze real fast, but you can't do that.  You have to keep going slow."  I think he's adjusted the regulator on the gas outside so we can't turn our fire up.  I know I sure can't get my fire as hot as I used to.  I'm starting to feel like a child caught in the middle of two divorcing parents at war with each other...

I've had to start taking my Hyland's Homeopathic Nerve Tonic again, just to make it through a work day.  And I've got just one day more to get through, then on Thursday...I'm making waffles!







No comments: