Sunday, March 15, 2020

Random Thoughts Of A Sunday Afternoon

1.  It's been warm enough lately, I was able to put some of my houseplants back outside.  There is still a chance of a late frost, even though this has been a very mild winter, so I'll have to keep an eye on the weather.  My dining room looks so much bigger without them.

2.  I cleaned off my kitchen cabinet.  I almost don't recognize the place now.


3.  When I started trying to learn to play the piano, for some reason, I picked Saturday as the day to evaluate myself, and decide if I was ready to move on.  I don't know why.  It was a completely arbitrary decision.  Nevertheless, Saturday is the day.

4.  Yesterday, when I turned my book over to a new page, I saw this not at the top of it:


It says, "On pages 144 to 159 are seven very popular selections that you have the knowledge and ability to perform."   I quickly flipped through the remainder of the book, and sure enough, no more lessons!  Once I've learned to play these few pieces, I'll be done with book one!

5.  On a whim, I dug out all of my level one books and started playing stuff from them.


6.  I'll probably take a break from lessons and just play a bit for fun for a while.  There's lots of songs in these books I haven't even had time to look at.  The bad news is, I've pretty much stopped playing my guitar.  I just don't have time.

7.  In the midst of all that piano playing, I managed to finish another charity hat:


I'm way behind last year's totals.  I'd better get busy.

8.  I bought some stationery a week or so ago.  A few days later, I bought some washi tape from a completely different company.  This weekend, I wrote a letter to my Australian pen pal, and on a whim, put some of the washi tape onto the envelope.  They matched so well, I had to take a picture and show you.


10.  How is everyone handling the pandemic?  Do you all have enough toilet paper?

11.  I'm hearing now that it may have been here since last fall.  Remember a couple of months ago when I felt so awful and dragged down, with a deep cough that just wouldn't quit?  I always cough this time of year, due to dry skin and allergies, but this was different. It was dry, but it was deeper and much harder than I normally cough.  I was seriously wondering if I had lung cancer or something.

Now, I'm beginning to wonder if it may have been COVID-19.  After all, they say (and by "they" I mean legitimate medial professionals, not politicians or an hysterical news media) that 80% of those who catch it will have very mild symptoms, or none at all, and will brush it off as a common cold.

12.  The nice thing is, in the last two days, I've had two friends message/text me, just to check on me.  I feel so special!

13.  Now, if you will excuse me, I've got knitting to do and a movie about some white headed shanty men to watch.


No comments: