Tuesday, March 03, 2020

Anniversary Gift

Last month was my work anniversary.  Every time you pass five years, you get a gift.  I still remember my very first one -- for my five year anniversary.  That time, I chose a clock radio.  Since I already had one, I gave the new one to Cody. 

He liked to take it into the bathroom and listen to it while he showered in the mornings.  One morning, it somehow got knocked off of wherever he had it and it landed in the toilet.  He blamed the cat, but I think it was really him.  No matter.  It was ruined.

At least he had sense enough not to reach into the water to get it back out. 

This year was my 25th, and to be perfectly honest, I was a bit disappointed in the selections.  They change them up every so often, and this time, there just wasn't anything I really wanted.  After hemming and hawing for a few days, I finally chose this Waterford Crystal vase.


It's really pretty -- though I probably should have peeled the sticker off before I took the picture...

I almost chose a digital camcorder.  I thought maybe I could take videos of the deer, and the birds at the feeders.  In the end, I decided against it, because I really couldn't see myself using it all that much.

Speaking of deer, I saw my fawns not too long ago.  The ones born last June.  One looks like he's getting nubbins.  It won't be much longer until a new generation is born.  Unfortunately, we're still under a feeding ban, because of the Chronic Wasting Disease.  That's a bummer, because I sure do enjoy watching them.   

Here is your Texas history moment for today:



Finally, I woke up this morning to the news of the devastating tornado that hit Nashville last night.  Last I heard, there were at least 25 confirmed fatalities.   Let's all take a moment to remember those who lost loved ones, and also those who lost homes, business, friends, everything.

No comments: