Friday, March 20, 2020

In The Midst Of Uncertainty -- Hope


Day 1 of quarantine.  What did I do?  I went to Walmart.  I wasn't planning on going, because of the storms, but I knew I'd have to go sometime this weekend anyway, so when the rain slacked off a bit, I decided to go on into town and get it over with. 

Really, it wasn't as bad as I'd expected. I'd heard the horror stories, and seen the photos of shelves stripped bare, so I was expecting the worst.  I was prepared to drive all over town if I had to, because I was determined not to come home without a bag of dog food.  When I got there, I was pleasantly surprised at how full the shelves were.  I mean, there wasn't any toilet paper or cleaning supplies, but there was plenty of food stuffs -- including fresh produce.  Folks, that's capitalism! 

I was able to get almost everything on my list.  Oh, I had to make a few substitutions, like getting regular Folgers instead of Breakfast Blend, Ovaltine instead of Quick, but for the most part, I got everything I needed, including milk.

Except, believe it or not, deer corn.  Or the V-8 healthy greens.  They had plenty of regular V-8, but I already had some of that at home.  Eh, I can live without that for a while.  The good news is, I got the most important item of all:


It was also a substitution, as I usually get Gravy Train, but now that I know my dogs will be taken care of, I feel much better.  I can now hunker down and ride out the rest of this thing.  Except for going to work, I mean.  They aren't going to cancel work any time soon. 

Now, for the bad news.  My county has its first two confirmed cases.  I don't know who they are -- they can't release the identities because of privacy laws, but they have contacted their employers so they can take reasonable precautions.  I guess I'll find out Monday if one of them works where I do. 

And finally, it may seem like such a small thing, but in these trying times, we need all the good news we can get.  So, here I share it with you...

Look!  We got new garbage cans!



Such a small thing, but it brings so much hope.  Life will go on.  We will get through this thing, and will get back to normal soon. 

In the meantime, stay strong, Gentle Reader. 

Stay Strong.

No comments: