Friday, October 27, 2017

Winter Has Come

I am pleased to report that I have survived yet another inventory.   I'm thinking next year, I might do like my friend Edna and ask to be taken off the list.  I've done inventory for nearly 20 years.  I'm ready for a break. 

I am also pleased to report that the long awaited cold front has finally arrived.  At 2:30, the temperature was 75'.


By 7:30, it had dropped to 47.


In anticipation of the expected freeze, I went ahead and settled the plants into their winter home.


There they will stay until spring.  I brought the plastic shelf I'd bought last summer inside to put the Christmas cacti on, so I don't have to move them every time I want to open the deep freeze.  The little black table that was in that spot has been moved back into the shed, and the grill that was in the corner sits upon it.  Finally, right?  It's been sitting there since July. 

I kept telling myself I needed to put it back into the shed, I just didn't do it. 

Wood has been brought inside, and the birdfeeder has been filled.  I have plenty of hot chocolate, tea, and coffee, and knitting to keep me occupied. 

I think I'm all set for the cold. 







No comments: