Friday, October 20, 2017

A Few FOs

For you non knitters out there, an FO is what we in the biz call a finished object.  I got a couple of them done.  What with Addlyn's unexpected arrival yesterday, today's project was finishing her sweater.

Two things I hate, seaming and sewing on buttons.  But you gotta do what you gotta do.  I sewed the buttons on. 


Then I seamed the sleeves and sewed the buttons on the smaller sweater. 


When I got that done, I was on a roll, so I seamed the skirt of that dress I knit...last year....for Brooklyn. 



You remember, the one I decided I hated seaming so badly that I started over and knit the skirt in the round.  Yeah, that one.  I still had the first one laying around waiting to be seamed.  Well, now it is.  It just needs buttons and it'll be ready for some other little girl. 

The good news is, all the mandatory knitting is done for a while, and I can knit for fun again.  I picked this scarf back up. 


I'm determined to get it finished, despite the many, many, many, many knots in the yarn.  I'm up to 12 now.  I e-mailed the Lion Brand company, but they never responded.  It's frustrating, but the scarf is soft and warm.  Somebody will be glad to get it, even if the colors don't blend as smoothly as they're supposed to. 

Since Cody's room is getting close to being finished, it's time to start planning the next project.  In this case, it's painting the living room.  In preparation for this, I picked up a gallon of primer. 


I still have to sand the finish off the paneling, which I'll probably start...as soon as I find my sandpaper. 

While I was getting the Kilz, I picked up this little baby. 


This one is not like the one I got last year, which was hard to use.  Maybe this will do a better job in the corners, with no brush marks. 



The bad news is, my car seems to have developed an oil leak.  The good news is, it's still under the extended warranty.  The bad news is, I'll still have to sit up at the dealership all day waiting for it to get fixed.  In the mean time, I'll just keep adding oil until I can get it into the shop. 

Sigh, it's always something. 

You know, 99.9% of the time, I'm OK with not being married.  Heck, 99.9% of the time, I don't want to be married.  This is one of those 1%.  I really wish I had someone I could say, "Honey, go get the car fixed," or "Honey, fix the chainsaw," or "Honey, sand the living room."  But no...

I get to do all that myself. 

Yippee. 









No comments: