Tuesday, October 03, 2017

Tuesday Miscellany

1.  There I was at work, just a working away, when a long time coworker came up to me and said, "Becky, do you remember [So-and-So]?"  Of course I remember So-and-So!  She was my very first group leader many many winters ago.  She'd had to quit due to health concerns, but now she's back working with the cleaning crew.  You know, the ones who come in and clean the bathrooms and offices.  It's a lot less stressful. 

I waved at So-and-So.  She waved at me, and there was squeeing and hugging and "how ya been?"s and "good to see you"s.  It's been a lot of years since I've seen her.  I'm glad she's back.

2.  Lookit!  Do you see what's there?  Rather, do you see what's NOT there? 


I got home just in time to watch the wrecker guy hook Jimmy up and tow him off. 


He had a little trouble with that flat tire, but he eventually got it done, and took Jimmy to the Jimmy hospital.


There he will be fixed up and find a new home.  I finally feel like things are starting to move forward. 

3.  As promised, here is the Addlyn sweater:



4.  I seem to have a new mantra.  For so long, it was "Man, I need a nap."  Nowadays, it seems to have moved on to, "Oh, will this day never end!"  It's gotten so bad, I made up a song:

This is the day that never ends
It just goes on and on my friends
Some people started living it not knowing what it was
They'll continue living it forever just because
This is the day that never ends...

Now, it's stuck in your head, too.  You're welcome.

5.  I forgot what I was going to put here.  Moving right along...

6.  I'd been ordering all that hurricane relief fundraiser stuff this last month, and it's started coming in.  Somehow, I'd managed to order 4 of the exact same thing.  Not sure how that happened, but there you go. 

7.  Man, I need a nap.

8.  I guess that's it for today.  See you tomorrow. 

No comments: