Wednesday, October 25, 2017

I'm Old

That's it.  I'm officially old.

See, tomorrow is inventory, and all day today, us old school inventory employees found ourselves talking about inventory "back in the day".

Back in the day--

We went in at 5:00 AM and sometimes didn't get off until 6:00 or 7:00 PM.  Remember that time they kept us so late they bought us supper?  Yeah, back in the day...

They bought us donuts for breakfast, and pizza for lunch.  Remember how people would go in and get a whole stack of pizzas and put them out in their cars and some people didn't even get any?  That's why they stopped buying us lunch.  Back in the day...

The food.  Oh, the inventory snacks.  Remember how we'd put two buggies together and have them both just covered in snacks.  Cookies, cakes, chips and dip.  Sausage balls.  It was just like Christmas.  Back in the day...

Remember how they used to stop production a couple of days before and actually get organized for inventory?  Now they run the lines right up until the day of, then we have to walk in the next morning and try to inventory chaos.  It went so much more smoothly, back in the day...

Yep, I'm officially old. 


It would seem winter has decided it might make an appearance this year after all.


 I broke down and turned the heater on this morning.  It's supposed to warm up the next couple of days, then be back down into the 30s over the weekend.  I went ahead and stacked the wood box ahead of time, so I won't have to get up early and go outside to get wood.


Squeaky is already snuggled in on the love seat.


It cracks me up when they sleep like that.  

So, you know that dishcloth swap I'm participating in?  It's sort of an unwritten rule to add a little something extra along with the dishcloth.  Or whatever you're swapping.  I'd originally thought to add something Mississippi themed, but couldn't find just the right thing. 

In a fit of insomnia (I get those a lot) I got up and dug through my gift drawer to see if there was anything in there I could send.  I didn't find anything, but in the drawer was a large white envelope.  Oh, I'd seen it in there before, and just assumed it was Cody's graduation pictures.  Last night, in the middle of the night, I said, "I'm going to see what's in here."  I opened it up and found...

my boot camp photo!


I'd thought it had gotten ruined in Hurricane Ike, but there it was.  I was so excited.  I don't have much of my Navy stuff left.  I have an annual around here somewhere, but I can't find it.  I have the one I sent to my dad.  It got ruined in Hurricane Rita, but I still hang on to it. 

Then I thought, "That's sad that you measure your life by which hurricane something got ruined in". 

But like I said, it's called weather, and despite our technological advances, we are still pretty much at its mercy. 

No comments: