Monday, October 30, 2017

Strange Things

I made it to work bright and early this morning, only to discover the entire computer system was down.  I couldn't clock in.  I couldn't run off schedules.  We couldn't run the lines because we couldn't scan our work complete.  The component areas couldn't make our components.  We were pretty much dead in the water. 

That's a nautical phrase, y'all.  Dead in the water...no wind...can't sail...anyway...

There was some hopeful talk about them sending us home -- as they'd done third shift -- but alas, it was not to be.  It took about an hour and a half, but they eventually got all the computers back online, and we worked a full day.

It was during that full work day I felt the need to answer nature.  I usually go to the restroom closest to my work area, but it was being cleaned.  I went up front to the other restroom, and was met by someone coming out of the break room.

"Becky!  Becky!" she called.  I stopped to see what she wanted, and she said, "Santa Claus said to tell you 'Hi'".  I gave her a puzzled look, and she responded, "He said you'd know what he meant."

I didn't know what he meant, or who she was talking about, but that's not the strangest part.  You see, the lady who'd called my name, I didn't know who she was either.  In fact, I would swear that I'd never seen her before at all.  But she sure knew me.  How, I don't know, but she did.

Strange things just seem to happen to me.

Let's move on to something I can count on:  knitting.  After receiving Baby Addlyn's sweater, her mom asked me to knit some more things for her.  However, it's hard to knit for someone when you have no idea how big she really is.  Besides that, by the time I got something finished, she'd have probably outgrown it anyway.  Over the weekend, I whipped her out some wee little leg warmers out of leftover sock yarn.


Hopefully, they'll keep her wee little legs warm until she grows into some regular pants.  Even if they don't, she'll look mighty cute in them.

A few weeks ago, while I was cleaning up, I found an old knitting pattern I'd handwritten out on a scrap of paper.  It was for a scarf I'd adapted from a blanket pattern.  Once I'd finished the wee little leg warmers, I cast it on.


I've made a few tweaks to the pattern, and once it is written up in a way that makes sense, I may offer it up as a freebie on the blog.

Yesterday was the perfect day to stay inside and knit, as we woke up to our first frost of the year.


It got the rest of my annuals, so I'm going to pull them up and get the beds ready for winter.  And start planning what I'll plant next spring. 




No comments: