Monday, October 09, 2017

A Sure Sign Of Fall

Now, I know it's Fall.  As if the spider lilies, and the woolly bears, and school starting, and football on TV, and shorter days, and the Harvest Moon, and the Autumnal Equinox weren't enough, I got cut back to 8 hour work days.

That there is a sure sign of Fall if ever there was one. 

What with the promise of cooler weather, I've been trying to work on getting all that old, gloppy paint off my fireplace.  It's not going so well.  I bought a wire brush attachment for my drill and have been trying to use that.  I even put some paint stripper on a section and tried that.  No go.  Next step is to find my belt sander and use some stripping sandpaper to at least get the lumps out.  If that doesn't work, I don't know what I'm going to do.  I guess I'll have to hire a professional to get that gunk off.

Eventually, when I get enough money to get that whole room remodeled, I'm going to have that whole mess pulled down and replaced with smooth bricks.  Then I want to paint them a stone gray and distress them just a bit.  But that'll be a ways down the road.  

While I was trying to use my drill, I noticed it didn't have as much get up and go as it once did.  Time to charge it.  Trouble was, I couldn't find my charger.  I knew it was in the snake/craft/computer/junk room ...somewhere.  As I was tearing up the room looking for it, I was simply astounded at how much junk I had in there.  I mean, I found my iPhone 5 box. 


Not the phone, the box it came in.   The box the phone came in when I bought it 2 1/2 years ago.  Why did I still have it?  I have no idea. 

The tags that were on my gardenias that I bought last spring.  Not this past spring, but last year.


 The gardenias died long ago, but there are the tags.  And how about this?  A bag of popcorn that expired 4 years ago.


Not sure why it was in the computer room, but there it was. 

I went and got a big black garbage bag and tossed all that stuff in there.  I'm going to try to spend a few minutes each day throwing stuff away.  What makes it really bad is when I moved into this house two years ago, I threw away bags and bags and bags of junk and still have so much more cluttering up my house. 

BTW, I eventually did find my drill charger, and drill is now full of energy once more.  

Before I go, let's all observe a moment of silence for my big, giant spider Anastasia.  She wandered into hostile territory and met her untimely demise at the hands of my next door neighbor.

Fair arachnid, we hardly knew ye. 


No comments: