Thursday, October 05, 2017

Shine On

Shine on, Shine on Harvest Moon




It has been a family tradition for as long as I can remember that we would get out and watch the Harvest Moon rise.  It was one of the highlights of Fall.  Sometimes we'd watch the Hunter's Moon rise, but we never missed the Harvest Moon. 

When Cody was little, we would watch the moon rise, then come back inside and drink hot chocolate and eat Harvest Moon Cookies.  They were just giant sugar cookies, but they were still special. 

Even more so, it was the memories that were special.  They still are.

Tonight, I got out for and watched the Harvest Moon rise, for the first time in a long, long time.  I thought of my dad, and I thought of my son.  And for those few moments, they were both with me.

(Not my picture.  I shamelessly swiped it off the Farmer's Almanac page.)


No comments: