Monday, October 02, 2017

The Weekend

I'm starting to get used to these three day weekends.  Kind of makes up for all the 12 hour shifts I worked this year.  The bad thing about it is, I really didn't want to go back to work this morning.

I spent another weekend running the chainsaw.  A few more days like this and I'll be able to add Proficiency With A Chainsaw to my list of marketable skills.  So far, I've got this much wood stacked.  It's kind of hard to tell from the picture, but it is stacked three layers deep. 


I still need to split it, but Mjolnir and Fang can take care of that later.  Right now, I'm just trying to get it out of my yard. I've still got this much left to cut.


That's a lot of firewood.  I still haven't burned up all the wood left by the previous owner, so I should be set for a while. 

I guy I work with said he's going to come help me in exchange for half the wood, but so far, he hasn't shown up.  This morning, I told him the pile is getting smaller and smaller.  Pretty soon, he's going to tell me he's coming to help, and I'm going to say, "I've got it all cut up."

On the other hand, I don't know quite how I'm going to deal with that really big piece in the front.  I noticed Saturday that the chainsaw was starting to get away from me.  Maybe Patrick will finally show up.

The rest of the weekend was spent working on Baby Addlyn's sweater.  I've got half a sleeve left to knit, then just weaving in ends and sewing on buttons.  I had to re-do the first sleeve, because the pattern didn't say how long to make it.  It just said "to desired length".  I have no idea how long baby arms are, so my first attempt made it look like I was knitting for an orangutan.  I ripped it back about an inch, and it looks so better now. 

I'll have pictures tomorrow. 

Maybe one day, something interesting will happen, and I'll actually have something to blog about.  Today, the most exciting thing that happened was I finally sold Slider's old tank.  After six people said they wanted it and didn't show, someone came and got it. 

Now, if the guy will just come and get the Jimmy... 

No comments: