Monday, October 23, 2017

She's Here!

She's here!  She's here!

No, you're not experiencing deja vu.  This time, I'm talking about Cody's niece Mackenzie.  She arrived yesterday, right on time, weighing in at a healthy 8 lb 11 oz.  Angie (the grandma) and I cracked up when the new mom Taylor said, "Hard part is over now."  Angie was quick to inform her that giving birth was the easy part of motherhood.  The hard part has just begun.  I chimed in to add that it doesn't end when they're grown either.  You worry about your kids for the rest of your live. 

Indeed, Taylor's brother is still putting gray hairs into my head.   Yeah...

So, today...

I got to work bright and early this morning, filled my cooler, and put all my stuff down on my table by my brazing stand.  I headed upstairs to run off copies of the schedule, when my coworker stopped me wanting to talk.  We chatted for a moment, then I went upstairs and got the schedules done. 

I headed back down and passed them out, then another coworker stopped wanting to talk.  We chatted for a moment, then I went to the PPE machine to get gloves.  There was a line, so I stepped aside and spoke to my supervisor while I was waiting.  I got my gloves, headed back to my stand and was stopped yet another time.  All this before the shift even started.  When did I get to be popular? 

I don't like it. 

Let's move on to more pleasant topics, like my flowers.  My latest chrysanthemum is blooming.


I got some new winter flowers.  I was going to get some pansies, but I saw these violas in LSU colors.  I got them instead.  


I started to put them into the bed that has my marigolds, but decided against it.  They're in a couple of hanging pots.  The tag says they're hardy to -29'.  Good thing, because check out this forecast for the week -- especially next weekend.


Looks like all that wood cutting is about to pay off. 

No comments: