Saturday, October 14, 2017

Saturday Stuff


Something about being a homeowner has awakened a long dormant tool-user gene deep within my psyche.   Wandering through Wal-mart, I can't seem to keep out of the hardware department these days.  I spend more time there than in the craft/yarn department, now.  On one such trip, wandering through, browsing the tools, I found this mitre box.  I have no idea what I will do with it, but I wanted it. Since I earn the money and pay the bills around here, I bought it. 


OK, here is my little secret.  I love wood.  I always have.  I love working with it, shaping it, feeling the warmth of it beneath my hands.  It's my hope that once I get some bills paid off and a little money ahead, I'm going to get my shed re-roofed and finished off, then put some woodworking tools out there.   But that's a long way away. And it's just a dream anyway.  Probably won't ever happen. 

Back to the here and now...

I actually have a purpose for this chalk line.  I'm going to hang outside lights this Christmas, and the INTJ in me needs them to be in a straight line.


I got some hooks, and this chalk line can help me make sure they're straight.  Besides, chalk lines are just cool.  Look, it's got a little level, too!

Since the aforementioned long dormant tool-user gene still can't seem to get my chainsaw fixed, I decided to spend the day doing inside stuff.  That is, more cleaning.  You thought the iPhone 5 box I found last week was bad, take a look at this.  


 That's not all.  Take a gander at these: 


Seriously, what kind of pack rat am I that I keep old phone boxes?  Not the phones, mind you, but the boxes they came in!  One of them is a stupid phone, at that!  They're in the trash now, though.  Progress.

After cleaning for a while, I knit another dishcloth for the swap.


While I was taking pictures of it, I took some better ones of the cloths I'd already finished. 


I still haven't gotten them blocked, though.


One of my friends reminded me that she is in that swap, and she does read my blog.  She told me that now she knows what kind of cloth she will get, and I'm like, "Nooo you dooon't!"  If I get her name, I've got something completely different in mind for her.  Bwahahahaha!  We get our partners assigned Monday (not Sunday, like I'd thought yesterday), and I can't wait to see who I've got. 

Back in the day, I used to play a game on Facebook which required me to add people to my friends list.  When the game went belly up, most of those people deleted me (or I deleted them), but there are a couple I kept around.  One such friend is Mary, who lives in Ireland. 

Over the last few weeks, I've had to sit by helplessly and watch Harvey destroy my hometown in Texas.  A couple of weeks later, I had to sit by helplessly and watch my friends in Florida (including Cody's three half sisters) go through the same thing with Irma.  And just a week or so ago, I got to go through it all over again when my uncle and cousins in Alabama got hit by Nate. 

But one thing I never thought I'd have to worry about is my friend in Ireland getting hit by a hurricane, but there she is. 


Sigh, I'm about all hurricaned out for this year.

Glad to see winter coming, and not just because I'm tired of being hot.   

One last thing, Happy 24th Birthday to this young man!



He got that snake for his birthday when he was 12.  It's now 12 years old, so happy birthday Monty, too!







No comments: