Monday, October 16, 2017

Monday Mayhem


My day started way too early this morning when some unknown something flew into the fan of the bedroom air conditioner.  I never did find out what it was, but it made a fearsome racket.  I wasn't going to investigate in the middle of the night, so I just turned the unit off and went back to bed.  Unfortunately, to my dogs, turning off the A/C means it's time to get up.  Needless to say, I didn't get back to sleep.

Sigh, it's been a long day...

So, there I was at work, just a working away, when Supervisor Ronny came over and asked if I'd gotten my chainsaw put back together.  I said no, so he told me how to fix it.  I'd done most of what he told me, except the most important part.  He said to let off on the chain tensioner thingy.  Only he didn't say chain tensioner thingy.  He used the right and proper name for it, but I can't remember what it was.  I knew what he was talking about, though.  He was talking about the chain tensioner thingy.

Part of the problem is, I messed up the...um, I call them guide teeth, they're the things that go down into that groove on the bar thing.  Whatever they're called, they are messed up.


Ronny said I might could file them down, but after seeing how many of them are chewed up like this, I went ahead and used my spare chain.


When I got home, I tried what Ronny had told me about the chain tensioner thingy, and got my chainsaw put back together.  I actually jumped up and squealed, "I did it!"  It's back together, but I haven't tried to use it.  I'm kind of afraid to, now.  It might go flying apart as soon as I start it up. 

My other coworker Edna is very broken up over the loss of Anastasia.  She told me today that we needed to have a memorial service for her.  I'm not sure about a service, but I did go back to my stand and wrote the following:

Ode To An Arachnid Name Anastasia

Her name was Anastasia
She was a friend of mine.
Not, really, but I wanted
To at least say something kind.

Webs she built and bugs she caught
My roses she did guard;
I really wish she'd had the sense
To stay in her own yard.

The kindness of her heart
No one has ever seen;
She quickly volunteered to be
A prop for Halloween.

Her tiny little body
Now rests beneath the trees;
I never will forget that bug--
The one with sixteen knees.  


No comments: