Tuesday, April 04, 2017

Like Dealing With Children

I know I said I didn't want my blog to be just griping about work, but sometimes things happen and you have to just let loose and complain a bit.  We've got this person who recently came to day shift, and is sub-brazing with me.  I've posted about her before.   She calls herself Queen, but I snidely refer to her as Her Majesty The Queen, because she thinks she's better than the rest of us.  I hate to break it to her, but while she may be a queen in mommy's basement, here in the real world, she's just a peon like the rest of us. 

I got to work this morning, and found out one of my coworkers had to rush her five month old baby to the hospital.  I'm not sure what's up with the little guy, but they had to do emergency surgery on him.  I'll let you know when I find out more.  In the meantime, keep the baby in your prayers, would you?

Group Leader Theresa asked me to go fill in for her, which is no problem for me.  I don't mind helping out where I'm needed.  However, Her Majesty The Queen decided she wasn't going to braze by herself all day.  So she didn't.  She crossed her arms, poked out her bottom lip, and pouted and sulked like a two year old all morning long. 

Now, don't get me wrong.  She is perfectly capable of brazing by herself.  She did it the whole time I was subbing for the coworker who was on maternity leave.  She just didn't want to.  She just stood there and stared at me until Group Leader Theresa and Supervisor Calvin talked to her.  Heh, Theresa asked me what was wrong, and I said, "Oh, she's just spoiled and selfish."  I wasn't close enough to hear what they were saying, but she finally started brazing.  For about 30 minutes, she worked pretty well, then her Daddy came over and she cried to him, then started sulking again.  And exactly what you think would happen happened.  The line ran out of headers. 

Group Leader Theresa sent me back over to my brazing stand to get some headers on the line.  Well, Daddy came back over and I heard him say, "Good for you!  You got them to send someone back over here."  That really made me mad.  It also told me he'd been encouraging her to be a sulky, pouty brat.  But you would have been proud of me, I kept my mouth shut.  What I really wanted to do was turn around and tell him he needed to pull that belt off his waist and give her the whipping he should have given her as a child. 

After I'd built up a few headers on the line, I pulled Group Leader Theresa aside and said, "We need to have a conversation."  I told her she needed to put me back on the line, or Her Majesty The Queen would pout and sulk every time she doesn't get her way.  I pointed out that she had already proven she could keep up with the line by herself, so she was doing this on purpose.  Then I told her what Her Majesty The Queen's daddy had said.  That made her mad, too, so she put The Queen on the line for the rest of the day -- where she sulked and pouted for the rest of the day, but at least she worked while she was doing it.  Theresa was easier on her than I would have been.  I'd have written her up, then moved her to the floater pool. 

The good news is, I came up with a really good character introduction for a story:  She was as spoiled, and as selfish, and as arrogant as you would imagine someone who named herself Queen to be.

How's that?  Anybody want to take that intro and run with it?

After work, I had to run into town, so I stopped by Walmart and bought Rogue One. 

 
Then I came home and watched Rogue One.  I probably need to watch it again when I'm not so tired.  I thought the first part seemed really disjointed and jumped around a bit, but the last part was really, really good. 

I texted Cody that picture, and the first thing he asked was "Are you putting it on your VUDU?"  Yep, as soon as I got home.  I watched the Blu-Ray, though, because on my player, I'm still logged into Cody's VUDU account, and I don't want to log out until I finish watching The Dark Knight Rises. 

I probably ought to do that this weekend. 






No comments: