Thursday, April 13, 2017

Getting There

The plan was when I got through with the dentist Tuesday, I'd go by the store and get things for my flower beds.  However, after getting the disappointing news, instead of cheering me up, the garden center just made me want to go straight home.  So, I bought some milk and Easter candy and that's what I did.

After making my appointment with the other dentist, I feel much better about things.  I drove down there after work to fill out the information paper.  All the way to the other side of town.  When I got to the office, there was a sign on the door.  Apparently, they have had computer troubles and will be closed until Monday.  Then I thought, "Since I'm in town already, might as well go do my shopping, since Wal-mart will likely be a mad house tomorrow."  Holiday weekend coming up and all.

Naturally, first place I headed was the garden center.  In my feeling-betterness, I think I went a little overboard.

I bought another box of fake stone border to extend my flower bed.


While I was getting that, I found this edging.


I'm thinking about pulling up the rest of the landscape timbers in my back yard and using this to make a raised bed to put my gardenia in.  I haven't decided for sure, yet.

 I was going to tell you what I have planned to do with these, but then I realized it just wasn't that interesting. 


I mean, do you really want to hear that I'm going to put them under my water faucet creating a path in the midst of what will eventually be a flower bed extending the entire length of my house?  Nah, I didn't think so. 

The good news is, a couple of my little freesias are finally poking their heads up. 


I've decided that all this other stuff coming up in my front flower bed is just grass.


Unfortunately, I can't pull it up just yet because there are actual, real things growing in the same bed. 


I'll just have to do some weeding once everything gets a bit bigger. 

I'm going to start the rest of my piddling as soon as I get home from work tomorrow, since I don't have to go to the store. 

Finally, they are trying to get my coworker's baby admitted to St. Jude.  If the little guy is going to have any chance at all, that's is the place to get it. 

No comments: