Wednesday, April 12, 2017

It Could Have Been Worse

Every so often, I'm reminded how good I have things.  You see, while I was crying over my broken tooth, and my broken window, and my broken glasses, my coworker was receiving some devastating news.

Remember back a couple of weeks ago, when I mentioned that my coworker had to rush her five month old baby to the hospital?  They have found out the baby has stage 4 cancer, and it has spread.  It's in his bones, and causing bleeding, and things just aren't looking good for the little guy.

Suddenly, my problem seemed trivial by comparison.

My friend Vanessa said, "I cried like a baby when they told me that."  Yeah, and even stone hearted, cold as ice Becky managed to shed a few tears at that news.

Now for some good news.  I think I have figured out how to make phone calls.  Seriously.  The trick is to make the call, sitting in my car, in the plant parking lot, right after work.  I can do that.  But if I wait until I get home, well, that's all she wrote.

I called the other dentist and made my appointment.  When I gave the receptionist my name, she said, "Oh, yeah, Dr. Moody called us about you."  When I called today, I thought I'd be scheduling a consultation, then at the consultation, we'd schedule The Thing.  But no, she wanted to schedule The Thing.  As luck would have it, I had a previously scheduled vacation day for next Wednesday.  I'd planned on going to the zoo, as I still haven't seen the new Hippo exhibit that's been open for a year now.  Those plans have now changed, and I will be having The Thing done that day.  I still have to go in one day before the day we do The Thing to fill out the paperwork and give my insurance information, but that's all.

The bad news is, Dr Moody had glued my broken piece of tooth back into place, but it came off sometime during the night last night.  I woke myself up trying to spit it out.  I took it out of my mouth and set it on my nightstand, after briefly wondering if I could put it under my pillow for the Tooth Ferry.  I decided not to get him to glue it back on, since he said it was for cosmetic purposes only, and it'd most likely come off again.

I'll just be a snaggle tooth for a week.

The hope is, getting The Thing done will only take a couple of hours, and I'll at least be able to plant my flower beds.  I went into my back yard yesterday and found a little egg in my Christmas cactus.

I looked up into the tree and saw what appears to be a nest, but it's pretty high up.  I'm wondering how this little egg could have fallen so far without breaking.

I wonder if there is a way to preserve it without it rotting and stinking.  Let me google it...

No comments:


Related Posts with Thumbnails