Thursday, April 06, 2017

More Sealing Wax

I spent the entire day in anticipation.  I was waiting for my supervisor to bring me my paycheck all day long.  Oh, boy!  It was going to be a big check, with a lot of overtime on it, and I couldn't wait to get it.  Then it hit me.  It's not payday.

Sigh.

Along about 2:00, I remembered what it was I was looking forward to.  I was expecting a package!  Yep, I did it.  I ordered more sealing wax.


It's the same colors I got before, but without wicks.  The set included a little melting spoon and a couple of tea light candles. 


I looked up a couple of how to videos on YouTube.  It would seem sealing wax is more popular than I thought it would be.

Apparently, I'm not the only anachronism out there. 

I got some good information from the videos, but it's still going to take a bit of practicing to figure out how much wax to put into the spoon.  Out of sheer luck, on the second try, I hit it just right, and came out with the best stamp I've done so far. 


Too bad it's on the back of a piece of junk mail. 

I also found out that there are two types of wax.  There is traditional wax, which is very brittle, and the newer supple wax, which works better in our modern postal systems.  Fortunately, I got the supple kind without realizing what I was doing.  So, that's good.   I'll actually be able to mail the stuff I seal with my sealing wax. 

Tomorrow, I'm expecting part two...no, not more sealing was.  Something entirely different...

Now you'll just have to wait to see what it is....just like I have to wait until it gets here. 

Don't get mad.  I'm just sharing the love. 

He he he







No comments: