Tuesday, April 11, 2017


Last Thursday, I believe it was, I felt a little piece of a filling break off of one of my teeth.  My dentist isn't in the office on Friday, so around 9:00 yesterday morning, I told Group Leader Theresa I needed to make a phone call, and headed out to the break area to make an appointment.  The first time I dialed, I got a busy signal.  I waited a few minutes to call back, and thought, "While I'm waiting, I might as well call the vet and make Rylea an appointment to get her heartworm shot."  I did that, and the receptionist said, "Jesse's is coming up, too.  Do you just want to bring them both at the same time?''

I don't know whether it was because I hadn't slept well the night before, or if my coffee hadn't kicked in, or what, but my addled brain thought, "Yeah!  That's a great idea!  Bring them both at the same time!"

Sigh...I don't know what I was thinking.  But I got it done and both dogs now are heartworm protected for the next six months.

After I talked to the vet receptionist, I called the dentist office back, and they were able to make me an appointment for this afternoon after work.  Great.  I hadn't even gotten back to my work area when the dentist receptionist called me back and said the hygienist had had a cancellation, and did I want to reschedule my cleaning and do them both at the same time?  Yep, that sounds like a great idea! 

Again, I don't know what I was thinking, but now that it's all over, I'm glad I did them both at the same time.

Turns out it was good they could get me in today, because sometime during the night, another huge -- or should I say YUUUUGE -- chunk of my filling fell out.   The bad news is, when the dentist started cleaning out the rest of the filling material, the entire front half of my tooth fell off.  My tooth had broken in half, longways. 

Now, that particular tooth has given me more trouble than all my other teeth put together, and I was all for pulling the stupid thing and getting an implant, but I knew the dentist wouldn't go for that.  Dentists tend not to like pulling teeth.  I was wondering what he was thinking about doing when he started talking about root canal and post and core buildup and stuff. 

I said, "Wait a minute.  I think I've already had a root canal on that tooth.  I don't remember if that was the one, but I think it was."  He said, "I can find out real quick", so he went and checked my records, and sure enough, I'd had a root canal on it several years ago, and it already had the post and core material in it.  That is good news, because half the work and half the expense has already been taken care of.

My dentist doesn't do fully porcelain crowns, but he referred me to another local dentist who does do them.  That would be Dr. Philley for you locals reading this.  The bad news is, I'm going to have to make a phone call and make an appointment.  You know how I feel about phone calls. 

I'd rather get another root canal. 

As if that weren't enough, Sunday afternoon I was mowing my back yard.  The mower kicked up a rock or something and it hit one of my French Doors.

The entire door is shattered. 

It's safety glass, so it's not like there are shards of glass flying everywhere, but I still taped each panel up just to add a little more stability until I can get it fixed.  

The good news is, apparently my door is double paned, and the inside pane isn't affected.  The bad news is, it's just another expense I don't need at the moment. 

As if to add insult to injury, my safety glasses broke while I was at work.  It was just the nose piece, which I was able to replace as soon as I got home, but it was the proverbial straw that broke the proverbial camel's proverbial back. 

It was enough to make me sit down and proverbially cry. 

I didn't cry.  But boy did I feel like it.

Maybe I should save those tears for tomorrow, when I go beg the bosses for some more overtime.

No comments:


Related Posts with Thumbnails