Wednesday, June 29, 2016

I Decline To Answer

I thought I'd come home this evening and work on the little dinosaur Christmas ornaments that I found yesterday.  They were almost done, so it shouldn't take too much to finish them, right?


Unfortunately, when I pulled them out, the needle was smashed beyond use.  I got a needle out of one of my cross stitch kits, but its eye was too small.  These call for using six strands of floss, and I couldn't even fit them into the needle.  No problem.  I'd get a needle from the other plastic canvas ornaments I'd started a couple of years ago.


But their needles were the same size as the other, since they only use two strands of floss, too.  BTW, the one on the left is supposed to be a snowman holding presents.  Yes, that's as far as I've gotten.  The one on the right is almost finished.  I just have to do a bazillion French knot snowflakes.

Digging deeper, I found this needlepoint kit that my Daddy had given me years and years ago.  About 30 years ago, to be exact.


Its needle had gotten lost somewhere along the way.  Yes, that is as far as I got.   Then I found these two, the one on the right having never even been opened.


And this one.  All three of these were bought when I was in the Navy.  I got out in 1994, and that's all I have to say about that.


And this nativity scene tissue box cover, also probably 20 years old.


And this one that has also never been opened.


At this point, I'm actually starting to doubt my own existence, not to mention my sanity.  So, why did I order five more kits last month?

We won't even talk about my yarn stash.

I'm pleading the fifth.

The good news is my little knitting bag is now filled back up -- with needlepoint and cross stitch kits.

No comments: