Monday, June 13, 2016

Finally!

Yes, that's right!  I finally got those buttons sewn on to baby Brooklyn's dress.


Alas, when I picked them out, I only thought about how cute they'd look.  I didn't think about how difficult it might be to get the dress buttoned while on a squirming baby.  Ah, well, she'll outgrow it in just a few weeks, then it can become a doll's dress.  Or a keepsake.  I still have a dress my grandma crocheted me when I was a baby.


The point is, it's finally done.  Now I just have to wrap it up and take it to the post office.  Oh, boy.  My favorite thing.

Meanwhile, the cross stitch continues.


It's slow going.  I'm thinking they might not get these this year.  I might ought to dig out the kits I bought two years ago and finish them.  If I can remember where I put them.  You know, when I moved and all.

The little hat is growing, too.


I should be able to make quite a few of these for the charity drawer. The only problem is, I can't find my size 6 circulars, and using size 7 really makes the ribbing too loose.  As much as I hate to do it, I may have to break down and order from Knit Picks again.

I still haven't forgiven them for that credit card fiasco a few years ago.  Well, it's not so much as forgiving them.  I just don't trust them with my financial information any more.  Not after I got my bank account cleared out, and several thousands of dollars worth of fraudulent charges on my credit card.  All from them storing card numbers on an unencrypted server.

Maybe I'll get a money order and just mail it in.  They ought not be able to lose that.

2 comments:

Sue O said...

I use PayPal when I order from Knit Picks and any other on-line store that accepts it. Love the little dress! The buttons are perfect.

Becky G said...

OH, I will give them a try, then. Paypal wasn't an option last time I bought from them.