Tuesday, June 07, 2016

Busy

I think my cat has a death wish.  Thursday night, after a long, mayhemic day of work, I went to crawl into my bed only to discover that she had peed right in the middle of it.  Sigh...  Again, the benefit of sleeping under 15 blankets was that the sheets were still dry.  I just threw all the blankets onto the floor and spent the next two days washing bedding.  Well, not just washing bedding...there was regular laundry and regular work days going on, too.

Somewhat fortuitously, when I got up Friday morning to get ready for work,  I saw an article posted on Facebook by PetMD.  Said article was entitled "Why Is My Cat Peeing In The Bed?"  Seriously.  One of the suggestions was that the cat doesn't like the location of the litter box.  That afternoon, I went to the store and bought her another one.

Another suggestion in the article was that the cat doesn't like the type of litter box.  I already knew she didn't like the ones with the covers.  The one I had was a high sided one, so this time I got one with lower sides.  As I was going through, looking at each litter box, debating with myself, putting them back, then picking it up again, I looked up and there was this lady just laughing at me.  I explained to her, "My cat is very particular."

Anyway, I got her a new box and some fresh litter.  This box, I put in my half bath, so she has a box on each end of the house.  She seems to like it.  She is using both boxes, and so far, no more accidents.  Let's hope it lasts.

Lest you think all I've been doing is playing in cat toilets, take a look at this.  I've had this birdfeeder up since I moved in last fall.


That post is out by my back fence.  I'd bought that hook thing a couple of years ago, and at the time, it seemed like a good -- albeit temporary -- option from which to hang a feeder.  I'd wanted to hang a longer hook thing so that the poor birds who feed on that left side don't have to squeeze in between the feeder and the post.

After much searching, and a little bit of cursing, I finally found a hook I liked at a price I was comfortable with.  You wouldn't believe how much they want for these things.  This one is hand forged iron, coated so it doesn't rust.


This afternoon, I got out there and hung it.  Now the little birds have room on both sides!  I got another hook, so I can hang a second feeder on the other side of the post if I want to.


Yesterday evening, I got out and tried to deadhead my roses.  That was a job, and I'm still not done.  I found these growing on the back fence.  They are some kind of trumpet vine.  I've only seen the bright orange ones, so I thought these looked cool.


I'm making progress on the cross stitch.


But I still haven't gotten the buttons sewn onto the baby dress.  I really must get it done before it ends up being a gift for Brooklyn's babies!

No comments: