Saturday, June 18, 2016

Admonished

One of my coworkers stopped me this morning, and told me the day just isn't as good when I'm not posting, so I need to do better.  She told me I have to do better than that.  With that admonishment, here is a new post.  What I'm going to talk about is beyond me, but here it is.

Yesterday, I had a bit of a bizarre experience that I wanted to share with you.

I was driving to work, almost there, when this car came barreling out of a side street -- Papermill Rd, for you local folks.  It totally blew through the yield sign and cut in front of me, so close I nearly hit it.  Said car pulled into the employee entrance.  Naturally, I pulled in right behind it.  Said car then let off a passenger, but then tried to back out of the gate.  I don't know, number one, why she didn't go to the passenger drop off lane in the first place.  But I don't know where she thought I was going to go.  I was behind her, and by this time, there were three or four vehicles behind me.

I was sitting there behind her, saying, "Where do you think I'm going to go?"  Then she started motioning me to go around her.  It's a one lane drive!  How in the world did she think I was going to pass her?  Anyway, I was trying to pull to the side so she could back out, and all the vehicles were trying to move over, and it was just a big snarl.  Finally, the security guard had to come out and unblock the area right in front of the guard shack that we aren't supposed to drive in so I could get around her and make enough room for her to back up and pull into the drop off lane and get back out of the gate.

I make it into the parking lot, get my stuff out and head inside the plant.  I go into the break room to put ice in my lunch box, and there is this guy totally blowing off the "small, personal coolers only" rule.  Five people waiting in line behind him and he just keeps scooping and scooping.


And yes, he did fill that entire bag up with ice.

The day just went downhill from there.  In the end, I was glad I did my shopping Thursday -- which was typically mayhemic, oh by the way, so I could just go home and watch TV.

Which is what I did.

No comments: