Monday, June 20, 2016

The Strangest Thing

Yesterday afternoon, I had the bright idea that I would go out and finish the mowing.  I knew it was hot out there, but the back yard was in the shade.  No problem, right?

I mowed the back yard, and thought, "What the heck, I'll weedeat while I'm at it."  I got the ol' weedeater out and cranked it up.  I got the back yard weedeated...weedate?...weedeaten?...whatever, I got the back yard done and decided to do the front, too.  That's when it happened, the strangest thing.  I'd done around the flower beds and house, and was out weedeating the ditch.  Two really short guys with enormous feet ran by and threw a ring at me!  It's a real pretty gold ring, with some kind of loopy inscription around it.  If you know someone who has lost a ring like that, I have it, OK?

After thoroughly roasting myself, and taking a quick shower, I settled down to an evening of knitting and TV.   What was I knitting, you may ask.  Well, I'll tell you.  Better yet, I'll show you.

First thing, I cast on a new washcloth.


The yarn is Peaches & Creme and the colorway is Black Cherry.  I think this was some that was given to me, because I don't remember buying it.  The pattern is Grandma's Favorite.

I put a few more rounds into this hat.


I'd thought about frogging the whole thing and starting over, since the ribbing is so loose, but I decided against it.  I've got plenty of this yarn, and I knew my new needles would be here soon.  Sure enough, when I got home from work today, I found a box in my car port.  In said box were four sets of needles -- two wooden and two nickle plated--in sizes 5, 6, & 7.


I can't wait to try them out, but I'm determined to finish some of my WIPs before casting on anything new.  Yes, that includes this hat which has been languishing on the needles for several weeks now.


This one is for the charity box, and keeps getting set aside for more exciting things.  Speaking of exciting, I temporarily went off of my yarn diet.  I love these bright colors.
 

I can make a fun hat for a kid with them.

Adding up my shopping cart, I discovered that I was only $6 away from free shipping, so I tossed this in there, too.  


It is Chroma in Vermont.  I love the fall theme colors.  It isn't machine washable, so it won't be a gift or a charity project.  It'll have to be something for me.

Now, if you will excuse me, I'm off to browse patterns.




No comments: