Wednesday, June 01, 2016

Did I Ever Mention?

The plan was to finish Baby Brooklyn's dress over the Memorial Day weekend.  All I needed to do was seam the back of the skirt and sew on the buttons.  That was it.  Just seam it up and sew on the buttons.

Did I ever mention that I really don't like seaming?

I picked it up several times and held the edges together, then I put it back down.  After the fourth time, I did what any good knitter who hates seaming would do.  I cast on another whole dress.


That's right.  Instead of sewing one little seam, I knit another entire dress.  This time, when I got to the skirt, I joined it and knit it in the round.


Much better.

Now, all I have to do is weave in the cast on tail and sew the buttons, and it'll be done and ready to wrap and mail.  I've got a coworker who is expecting a baby girl in October, so I've got that long to psych myself up to knit that one little seam on the other dress...wish me luck.

One of my gardenias is loaded with blooms.


The good news is, they seem to be stabilizing.  This one still looks pretty sad, but at least they don't seem to be getting worse.


Maybe they'll survive after all.  I hope so.  I love the smell of gardenias.


I didn't do much for Memorial Day, but I did set a Missing Man place at my table.


For all my brothers and sisters who never made it home.








No comments: