Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Mulching Day

Yes, it took a while, but at long last, today was mulching day.  First thing I had to do was go buy mulch.  Since I had to go get milk anyway -- story of my life--I picked up four bags of pine bark mulch while I was there.  As soon as I got home, I put some around my gardenias.   They were looking pretty sad, and I was getting worried about them.


I'd gotten some of that weed barrier fabric stuff, so I put a piece of that around each gardenia, and spread the mulch over that.  It's been so hot and muggy today that by the time I was done with that, I was absolutely drenched in sweat.  I came inside and cooled off a bit before doing my other bed.

Once the sweat had somewhat dried, I went back out and spread more mulch in my little front bed. Look, my marigolds are blooming!


These are the ones I bought on clearance for half price.  I'm not sure why they were marked down, but they are doing just fine.


Even the tiny one that I though was going to die seems to be making a comeback.  Oh, and I checked on my gardenias before going back inside.  It had just been a couple of hours, but they already seem to have perked up a bit.

As if I didn't have enough going on, I bought these:


I'd been admiring them in the Herrschner's catalog for years now.  I thought they'd make perfect Christmas gifts for my brother and sister in law, since they're both musicians.  You know they say to wait 30 days, but I'd been wanting them for along longer than that.  Last week, I saw them in the newest catalog and thought, "What the heck, I'm getting them."  Now, the trick is to actually get them done before Christmas.  It's already May.  I'd better get cracking.

Finally, these are going to be for my bathroom -- eventually.



Now that my flower beds are mostly set for this year, I might have time to get started on them.

If I can stay off of Facebook, that is.




No comments: