Monday, October 08, 2012

Starting Over

I was plugging away at my second charity hat that I was making out of the Red Heart Stars and Stripes yarn, when about an inch from the decreases, I realized I wouldn't have enough yarn to finish.  So I ripped it all out and started over. 

Ah, well, at least I have the fun of knitting it all over again.

I'd post a picture, but it looks the exact same as it did Saturday when I'd just got through with the ribbing.

It actually got cold enough over the weekend to turn the heater on.  Normally, I'd wait until it got down into the 30s to turn it on the first time, but this year, I decided mid 40s was cold enough. All this cold weather makes me want to put on Christmas music and bake.  I even dreamed about making pumpkin pie. 

And since I'm in the mood, for your Music Monday, you get a Christmas song. 

What?  Christmas already?  It seems it comes earlier and earlier each year.  

Yeah, it may seem like that, but really it doesn't.  I can remember in years past when Wal-mart started putting out Christmas stuff in August.  Now it's the beginning of October before they get it out. 

Well, that's still too early.  They shouldn't put any Christmas stuff out until after Thanksgiving.

I know some people think that way, and to them I say, get over it!  Nobody is forcing you to go into the Christmas department if you don't want to.  Nobody is forcing you to skip Thanksgiving.  And you know what?  Not everyone likes to wait until the last minute to start preparing.  And you know what else?  Maybe if you didn't wait until the last minute to start preparing, you wouldn't be quite so cranky about Christmas. 

Speaking of preparing, you remember that yarn I bought to make the floofy scarves?  Yeah, I don't think that is going to happen this year.  That stuff is more annoying to knit with than I'd anticipated. 

I'll get 'em done eventually, and just hang on to them until they come back into style.  *Snicker snort*

And now, before I totally lose my Christmas spirit, your song, reminding us what Christmas is really all about.


1 comment:

Bag Blog said...

I started crocheting a simple scarf out of the fluffy stuff - makes me crazy. And the scarf is not looking right. Dang. Maybe I should start over too. Sigh.