Wednesday, October 17, 2012

A Lot To Catch Up On

I did watch the debate last night, and had my popcorn ready this time.

Much like Paul Ryan did last week, Romney had to debate both Obama and moderator Candy Crowley.   It was a townhall format, in which a room of carefully selected allegedly undecided voters would be allowed to ask the candidates questions.

Someone posted on FB that there would be more plants in that room than in Michelle Obama's organic garden.  He was right.

Candy Crowley picked which questions would be asked, and they were chosen specifically to make Obama look good, and to trip up Romney.  It didn't work.

Romney held his own, offering facts, figures, and a specific plan to get the economy back on track.  Obama promised more of the same old same old.  Even with the help of the moderator, he was no match for Romney, who kicked his tail again.  The MSM still declared Obama the winner, even as he lay bruised and bleeding on the mat. 

I won't recount the entire debate for you.  If you want to watch it, I'm sure it's up on YouTube, or you can read the transcript.  There are a couple of points I want to talk about, though.

They were asked about the terrorist attacks on our embassies in Libya, Egypt, and elsewhere.  Obama said that Romney used these attacks to score political points, which he found despicable.  Now, speaking as an ordinary citizen, and I see my country come under attack and my fellow Americans murdered, and their bodies dragged through the streets, I want a strong, capable leader.  I want a president who will stand up and say, "We will not tolerate these attacks."  I want someone who will say, "I will protect my country and her interests.  I will protect you."  I want someone who will say, "Not on my watch." 

What I don't want is a president who says, "Eff you, I'm going to Vegas." 

The second thing Obama said was, sure gas prices were below $2 when he took office because the economy was on the brink of collapse.  Thanks to his policies, gas prices are now $4, because the economy is much stronger.

WHAT??????

Anyway, he went on to ask if we really wanted to return to those policies that gave us $2 gas.  The short answer to that question is, well yeah

But seriously, does he really think high prices are the sign of a strong economy?  That would explain a lot, then.

I have a lot more to catch up on, but it's late, and I'm tired, and I have a headache and there's a storm blowing in, so I think I'll save the rest for tomorrow.  But before I go, I finished the charity hat I'd had to start over.


I knit it in a much smaller size this time, and good thing, too. This is all the yarn I had left when I finished.


No comments: