Thursday, October 04, 2012

A First For Me

I'm working on about 4 hours sleep right now, so I'm not too sure how coherent I can be right now. 

See, I watched the Debate last night, and got so keyed up that I couldn't get to sleep, not even with a sleep aid.  I'd never seen an entire debate before, and I'll admit, I wasn't too sure I wanted to watch this one.  Why, oh why do they let ultra liberals moderate the debates?  But I tuned in, just to get a feel for what it was going to be like, and once it started, I couldn't turn it off. 

Was it that good?  Let's just say that Himself got himself handed to himself.  It was a complete and total smackdown of the failed policies -- and the failed presidency-- of the last four years.  Romney took control from the start and was absolutely masterful.  Obama, on the other hand, stumbled and stuttered, and floundered, and "uh, uh, uh"ed his way through the 90 minutes much the same way he has stumbled and stuttered and floundered and "uh, uh, uh" ed his way through his term.

Romney looked strong, confident, in control, and Presidential.  He knew his stuff, and offered specific solutions to this nation's problems.  He confidently and competently refuted every point Obama tried to throw at him. 

Or as James Carville said, "Obama just had a debate with a chainsaw."

Best line of the night:  You're entitled to your own airplane, and your own house, but you're not entitled to your own FACTS. --Mitt Romney

Next week Joe Biden debates Paul Ryan.  I'm looking forward to it.

And back in real life, I got a good look at Jesse's leg.  James came over and looked at him, too.  He agreed that he didn't think anything was broken.  Just stiff and sore, and a good case of road rash.  He seems to be doing a bit better today, and is even trying to put his weight on it some.  

The bad news is Murphy's Day continues.  My fairly new microwave died.  I'm not happy, since it's just a couple of years old.  

Finally, your parting shot for today:

 
Hmmm, I wonder if the Zombie Apocalypse is covered under foreign policy...

1 comment:

Patti said...

LOL, you're braver than I am. I completely missed the debate last week, I totally forgot about it (or maybe I blocked it out who knows) until I switched channels over to CBS for Survivor. It's just as well, I have never been able to stomach even a minute of Dear Leader's voice, dunno what it is, maybe I have an allergy to being lied to. ;)

It's not so much the leftwing moderators, it's our side that agrees to debate under those conditions. Glad to hear that Mittens shined in spite of it; he was my last choice during the primaries but I've admittedly been very impressed with how he's handled himself ever since, I've used the word "Presidential" more times than once within the last few months. I think he and Mr. Ryan will make a fine team for this country; their experience is just what we need right now.

How much ya wanna bet the DNC will find a way to cancel the V-P debate?