Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Candy Corn

It's National Candy Corn Day!  Are you celebrating?


I had to run into town to pick up some candy, just in case, you know, so I picked up a bag of Candy Corn, too.


I bought like a ton of candy for the church thing, and just today I realized that I didn't have any at the house.  We seldom, if ever, get trick or treaters out here, but I have candy on hand just in case.

One year, I decided I just wasn't going to buy any, since we hadn't had a single trick or treater come since we'd moved here.  Cody was about 5 that year.  But anyway, I didn't buy any candy, and guess what.

Yep, we had a trick or treater.  I felt so bad that I didn't have anything to give him.  After he'd gone, I said something to Cody about being sad that I didn't have any candy to give to the kid, and you know what Cody said?

"He could have had some of mine."

Moments like that make a Mama proud. 

No comments: