Thursday, January 13, 2011

Thursday Randomness

I am single. Most of the time I am OK with this. But sometimes, just sometimes --like last night-- I sure wish there were another warm body in the bed. The thermometer read 14' this morning, and it hurt to walk from the car into the plant. It has been so cold that it's actually cold in the plant. In the 15 years we've been in that building, I've never been able to say that.

I hate that clothing styles are going back to skin tight.  I needed new work jeans, so I picked up the same jeans in the same size I've been wearing for years and years.  I noticed the "New Fit" label, but it kind of just wooshed right past me. 


I got home and tried them on.  I felt like my lower half was being squeezed in a vise.  They are going back to the store post haste.  I'm a little too old to look like I was poured into my clothes, thank you very much.

I wish you could try on lipstick.  I loved this color in the store. 


I held it up next to my wrist, and thought it looked good. But when I got home and tried it on, bleh...

 Speaking of cold, I woke up several times last night, and every single time, my heater was running.  It did not go off before I fell back asleep either.  Every single time I woke up, I thought, "I sure hope my pipes aren't freezing." 

They didn't, but I had run some jugs of water, just in case. 

At least I could have brushed my teeth, which I'm sure my co-workers would have been very grateful for. 

2 comments:

Sus said...

Grrrr... I hate it when they change the fit of jeans!!! Jeans are sacred things that, once you find some that actually fit and are comfortable and reasonably flattering, should always remain exactly the same for ever and ever amen.

If you can't tell, I feel very strongly about this. ;)

Becky G said...

You and me both, sister! It seems that every time I find some jeans that fit right and are comfortable, either Wal-mart stops carrying them, or they change the fit. The ones I bought yesterday felt like they'd sized them down TWO whole sizes! Urgh! I guess I know what I'm going to be spending my Monday holiday doing...hunting for jeans that fit.