Saturday, January 15, 2011

First and Finally

First, another finished washcloth.


This one is Peaches N Creme in Gumdrop. That makes three, and that'll be it for a while. I've got more cotton, but I need to get back to working on Tabitha's test knit.  Besides, worsted weight cotton on size 6 needles is hard on my forearms. 

I also spent a few minutes this afternoon turning this


into this.


Most of these have a story, though some of them I can't remember what that story is.  The first necklace on the left is an abalone shell.  I think Beverly gave it to me, many years ago.  I'm not for sure on that one, though.


The second one is a Barbie locket that Cody gave me for Valentine's Day one year.  I think he was 4.  He said I needed something pretty.  The arrowhead is one I bought myself, just because I liked it.  The B was given to me, probably for Christmas.  I'm thinking the ex's Aunt Denise gave it to me, but I don't remember for sure.  I feel really bad about that.   It's the one I really wanted to get out of this tangle, because I want to wear it.

The kind of dirty looking circle is a charm that was given to me for perfect attendance in children's choir in 1973.  That was the year I turned 9.  I'd lost it soon after and forgot I'd ever even had it.  Then one day, I was playing in my back yard and found it.  I've put it into some jewelry cleaner to see if it can be cleaned up a bit.  I wonder that I never did that before.

The tiny little gold heart is one my cousin Kathy (on my dad's side, I also have a cousin Kathy on my mother's side) gave me for being a flower girl in her wedding.  I was 4, and I still distinctly remember that experience.  Someday I'll tell you about it.  It's worthy of a post unto itself.

When I was in 5th grade, I had a fascination with sharks.  I loved them.  I still have a soft spot for them even now.  I received the shark's tooth necklace for my 11th birthday, along with a trip to see Jaws in the theater.  "We're going to need a bigger boat" is still one of the best movie lines ever.

Finally, the little purple heart is one that was given to me for my birthday by a friend when I was in the Navy.  His name is Danny, and he was a SEAL.  I used to have matching earrings, but I don't know what happened to them.

And that's about it for that.

Finally, Squeaky is watching Rylea eat.  She's hoping Ry will leave her something.  Strange cat likes to eat dog food. 


Squeaky says, "I do not eat goggie food!" 


"How gauche!"

.

2 comments:

Sus said...

How fun is the gumdrop colorway?? Love it! Also love the stories of all your necklaces!

Becky G said...

Thanks, Sus.