Friday, January 14, 2011

He's A Lumberjack

My shift supervisor had on a red and gray plaid shirt at work today.  Every time he walked by, I started singing.  Right before the end of the shift, I told him he was wearing a lumberjack shirt.  He replied that it wasn't flannel, and I said, "It's still a lumberjack shirt".  Then he said, "I'll have you know that I used to be a lumberjack before I moved down here."

Oh my, I couldn't stop laughing.  So, dear Supervisor, this one is for you.



My friend Gemetrius recently told me that his wife was expecting their third child.  Earlier this week, I asked him if she'd had the baby yet.  "That baby is 10 months old now," was his reply.  Boy, did I feel like a putz.  Where had the time gone?

I had a Halloween shirt on, because it was on clearance for three dollars and I couldn't pass up that kind of a deal.  My HR guy walked up and said, "For a moment, I thought you had on black and gold, Steeler colors".  My reply:  "Ain't no way on God's Green Earth."  

The Other Rod, not to be confused with Former Group Leader Rod asked me when I was going to bring some more cookies.  This afternoon, I came home and stepped on the scale and was shocked, shocked, at what I saw.  So, sorry Rod, there will be no more cookies for a while.  Heck, I'm still eating up the Christmas Candy.  I've got four bags of mint truffle and cherry cordial kisses that haven't even been opened yet! But this weight has got to come off.  Hmmm, maybe that's why the jeans were so tight. 

One of my co-workers (who shall remain nameless for reasons that will become obvious in a moment) and I were doing something that we probably shouldn't have been doing.  He looked at me and said, "They're going to fire us both if they catch us doing this."

Wait, what?  No!  We weren't doing that!  Get your mind out of the gutter, people!

Sheesh....

I'm going to go knit now.

"I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK"  .

2 comments:

Sus said...

Sounds like it was a funny Friday at work! I love Monty Python. A co-worker has a bad knee and every time she goes up stairs she kind of whines, "My knee! Knee! Knee!" And so we call her The Knight That Says 'Knee'! Hee!

Becky G said...

Oh, now I haven't seen that movie in ages! Now I'm going to have to Netflix it.