Sunday, January 09, 2011

Oh, The Weather Outside

is frightful.

I knew right away what kind of day it was going to be when I woke up in a near panic because I couldn't remember the name of the other Elvish dialect.  I got Sindarin.  It was the other one couldn't remember.  It's Quenya, by the way.

But the day just got better from there.  Along about 2 ish or so, it started to sleet.


Soon, freezing rain was added to the mix, followed by snow.




It's still coming down. But don't worry, I'm ready. I've got a big ol' pot of gumbo


and some knitting to keep me busy.


This is Peaches N Creme cotton in Desert Sunset.

We're supposed to call in the morning to see if the plant is going to be open.  If it's not, I'm going to stay home and bake a gingerbread.

Funny how falling snow always makes me want gingerbread.

 

2 comments:

Sus said...

We didn't get ours until today. It started around noon and isn't looking to stop until tomorrow night when it's going to get too cold to snow. This would be fine if I could get off work for it. :( But for now I'm in for the night and can sit back and just think it looks pretty through the window for awhile...

Becky G said...

I wish they would have given us the day off. As many people that didn't show up, we couldn't make enough units to even pay the light bill, much less make payroll.