Monday, November 30, 2009

Back To Work

I had to go back to work today, and boy I sure didn't want to. We're still going in early, so I had to get up at 4:30. To add insult to injury, it was pouring down rain. At least it wasn't cold, though it is supposed to be in the morning. The good news is, my heater is still working. After work, I had to run and pay my car insurance, then go by the hardware store and buy a new shovel to replace the one Cody broke. Finally, I went to the post office and mailed my sister's Christmas presents. At least they might get them by Christmas this year.

Well, it's that time of year again. Time for my annual rant about this stupid town's pathetic planning of the Christmas parade. At least this year, they moved it back to the original parade route, but now, they've moved the start time up to 3:30! That is so totally moronic there are no words for it. Most people will still be at work at that time. The only ones who will be able to attend will be those few stay at home moms that are left out there. I wish somebody --whoever plans this thing-- would grow a brain and have the parade on a Saturday.

If I get to go, I'll have to fly out to the square right after work, still in my filthy nasty work clothes, and hope I can find a parking spot. And this after spending 9 hours on my feet. Not my idea of holiday cheer.

1 comment:

Slop -n- Goulash: Dinner of Champions! said...

That is one of my rants too - in general I mean. Scheduling things where only stay at home moms can attend. What about us moms who cannot stay home? What about Dads who can't stay at home? If that were here, most kids would still be in school, too. Or at least just getting out and therefore not enough time to pick them up and get there in time. I'm right there with you on this one, Becky!