Monday, November 23, 2009

I'm Free!

Well, for a week at least.

Back a few weeks ago, they announced at work that the plant would be shut down all this week. So, I went and put in for vacation days, so I would get paid for it. My supervisor approved my vacation, even though the days were already full, so I figured it was true.

But, things have changed since then, and we ended up having to work this week. I thought about canceling my vacation, but Cody talked me out of it. Long story already told, I'm off this week.

We got out and worked on my heater again this morning. J, Cody, and I ran some more water through the heater core and a bunch of brown gunk washed out of it. We kept running water through it until the water ran clear, and I have heat again. While we were fiddling with it, we drained my radiator and put the flush stuff into it. By that time, Cody and I had to leave to go to our eye appointments.

We got through the eye appointments fine. Cody has just a touch of nearsightedness in his right eye, but it's not so bad he needs glasses. His left eye is fine, and the doctor said that as long as he can see the board in school, and isn't complaining about not being able to see, he doesn't really need them.

Me, on the other hand, my prescription has changed significantly since the last time I got glasses. Funny thing is, my eyes have gotten better. Even the doctor said that was interesting. Anyway, he adjusted my prescription, and gave me a slightly stronger bifocal, as well.

Other than that, I didn't do anything but knit today. Oh, and I made bread for the first time in ages. It was good. I'll have to do it again.

Oh, and by the way, when you decide to proof yeast, this is what happens when you forget about it.

I'd say that yeast was still good, wouldn't you?

After our eye appointments, Cody and I ran into the store to pick up a few things. While we were there, a total stranger saw Cody's LSU t-shirt, and before we knew it, we'd stood in that aisle fussing about that game for about 10 minutes. With total strangers, but we'd found common ground.

Oh and did anyone else notice that the Kansas City Chiefs, yes those same KC Chiefs that gave the Cowboys such fits a few weeks back, those same Chiefs that people say the Cowboys should have blown out of the water--yes, those Chiefs --those 2-7 Chiefs-- defeated the defending Super Bowl Champion Pittsburgh Steelers yesterday? And in overtime, too. Kinda makes you feel a bit better about that win there in week 5, now, doesn't it?

1 comment:

Opal said...

yesterday KC Chiefs win did make me feel a whole lot better about week 5. i'm so glad you brought it up! *L*